SuperGrid-Institute brings together 180 employees, of 28 different nationalities who work together within a dynamic environment in the city of Lyon. As an independent research and innovation centre, we are dedicated to developing technologies for the future power transmission system, the “supergrid”, including HVDC & MVDC technologies.
As a multi-disciplinary research centre with advanced simulation capabilities & multiple test platforms, including numerous associated laboratories, SuperGrid Institute uses its comprehensive expertise to provide a wide range of services and solutions to support our customers in developing power systems, equipment and components. We specialise in system architecture and work on ensuring network security and stability while allowing for the integration of intermittent renewable energy sources. Find out more by visiting our website: www.supergrid-institute.com
SuperGrid Institute wants to become a leader in power converters architecture for MVDC network, including solar and wind domains.
To illustrate and prove our know-how, are designed and built demonstrators of power converters in the range 100kW – 1MW, which are then tested in our platforms in full power and according to different technical configurations.
To test converters require an architecture in Back-To-Back, meaning that the power flows from the output to the input circuit through an electronic load.
Beside this main activity, we focus also our tests on Power semiconductors and Medium Frequency Transformers, representing key elements of the converters, that are needed to be characterized before including within the system.
Moreover, our tests go further by proposing adaptative and innovative solutions of test circuits to customers for their applications.
This position relates in Medium Voltage and power electronic domains, and is opened to a Research engineer or PhD F/M.
Electrical domain is about Power electronics and semiconductors, characterization, reliability methodology and tests, test benches design including HW and SW, converter knowledge, modelling, methodology measurement.
Objectives / Missions
The main targets of this position is to:
- understand our test means design and operating
- improve them
- design, build and validate new test benches and test circuits, according to the needs required by internal and external customers
- design, build and validate electronic loads to test in Back-To-Back the power converters
- use SW tools for control (LabView, MatLab Simulink) and design (Spice, Plecs)
- realize tests with Safety approach
- approach methodology of measurement
- write reports
- support other R&D activities
- be in contact with customers and suppliers
- participate to the maintenance of the equipment
- manage interns
- Master (or equivalent) in electrical engineering specialized in power electronics
- strong analysis and synthesis spirit
- curiosity and creativity
- Team work
- problem solving
- relationship skills and reporting
- English/French speaking
- 3 to 5 years of experience in power electronics would be appreciated, but beginner is also accepted.
The candidate will report directly to the Component, Laboratory and Platforms SubProgram.
He must take responsibilities in his actions, exchange and collaborate with other engineers.
Please send your application to the following adress : firstname.lastname@example.org ⚡
|Contract Type: CDI
|Start Date: September / October 2022
|Qualification required: Master’s degree / Engineering school