Keep up with our latest news!
SuperGrid Institute believes in spreading the word on the importance – and the means – of contributing to the energy transition. In our quarterly newsletter, we share information on our latest projects, products and services and let you know where you can find us at upcoming events. Subscribe to our newsletter:
Our previous newsletters
January – March 2023
- New Year’s wishes from our CEO Hubert de la Grandière
- SuperGrid Institute coordinator of a major EU-funded project: InterOPERA
- Successful TOV test on a 525kV DC cable system for Nexans
- Contribution to CIGRE working group on materials and emerging test techniques
- End of 2 year CPER project raising awareness of energy transition & future energy professions
July – September 2022
- Where to find us at upcoming events…
- We’re back on the INPI podium of French innovators
- Our Medium Voltage Medium Frequency Test Platform is fully operational!
- Join us for a webinar on how to improve hybrid AC/DC power system security
- Our teams tackle climate change in the 2tonnes challenge
April – July 2022
- READY4DC – a new European project launches at the Institute
- Innovative technical concepts – looking for partners !
- The Tenerrdis energy network visits the Institute to promote a shared project with our Training Programme
- A visit from the French State confirms our strategy moving forward
- An important partnership for DC excellence gets under way
- Where to find us at upcoming events: IEEE DES Denver & PCIM
October – December 2021
- Our ISO 9001:2015 certification is extended!
- Official launch of our unique hydraulic test platform
- All the upcoming events where you can come and talk with us!
- SuperGrid Institute contributes to CIGRE Technical Brochure on Dielectric testing of gas insulated HVDC systems.
- A week of discovery at the Fête de la Science science festival
- Find your future internship with us at our Stage Dating event
July – September 2021
- We are honoured at the Premier Cercle® 2021 Industrial Property Awards
- Keynote address at PCIM Europe 2021
- The French Institutes of Technology ‘FIT book’ is published
- Find us at upcoming events CIGRE & EPE 2021 ECCE Europe
- Our PhD students take centre stage with ‘My thesis in 180 seconds’
- Our colleagues listed in Stanford’s world scientists rankings
April – June 2021
- Our 2020 Annual Report is available to download now!
- Hosting the 3rd XFLEX HYDRO technical meeting.
- Innovative solution for integrating DC lines into the grid.
- SuperGrid Institute team co-authors CIGRE Technical Brochure on DC-DC converters for HVDC grids.
- Discover the Institute via video on our new YouTube channel!
January – February 2021
- New Year’s wishes from our CEO, Hubert de la Grandière
- An important step in our relationship with French TSO – RTE
- SuperGrid Institute’s ITE status reconfirmed by the French State
- High Current Switch test goes off without a hitch!
- LOLABAT: SuperGrid Institute leads a work package in a major new European project
- OCTOPUS: An important new project for the advancement of offshore wind farm technologies
- Research published in the latest issue of IEEE Transactions on Power Systems
November – December 2020
- Two prize winners at the French Chapter IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES)
- PEA space charge measurement tests available now!
- Our HydroPHIL platform: the 1st in Europe!
- Discovering our PhD students’ theses is just 3 minutes!
- Testimonial from the EPE Association: Working with SuperGrid Institute
September – October 2020
- Officially ISO 9001:2015 certified!
- Our first ever webinar on ‘Unlocking HVDC interoperability’
- SuperGrid Institute at EPE’20 ECCE Europe and CIGRE 2020
- Two demonstrations that conclude our participation in the PROMOTioN project
- Find us at Business Hydro in Grenoble
- The SuperGrid Institute team shows its solidarity
May – June 2020
- The French State allocates us an additional €5.7 M of funding!
- Our first annual report available now!
- Grid consulting services with CNR & RTE
- The SiCRET project and our power switch characterisation platform
- Combined electrical and hyperbaric tests for subsea electrical components design
- SuperGrid Institute a member of the French Institutes of Technology
March – April 2020
- The XFLEX HYDRO European project focuses on innovative hydropower technologies
- OpTEAsoft Wind for offshore wind farms
- The High Voltage test platform with the latest state of the art technologies
- EPE’20 ECCE Europe in Lyon
- SuperGrid Institute at the “Power Transmission in Africa” conference
- Françoise Lamnabhi-Lagarrigue Female Scientist of the Year!