SuperGrid Institute is taking part in the French national science festival once again this year. From the 9th to the 13th of October, we are welcoming school groups and on Saturday the 14th, we’ll be opening our doors to members of the public to visit the institute and learn more about our work for energy transition. Yet again, our engineers have come up with the goods, inventing new interactive experiments to teach our visitors about the fundamentals of electricity, its production and storage, and how to safely transmit it via the power grid!
For the 6th year running, we’re offering a range of activities which present the different professions we have at the institute and teach our visitors about what our team does here every day… develop the electricity network of the future to integrate renewable energy on a massive scale!
This event is not only very popular with our colleagues and visitors alike, it’s also a valuable opportunity to reach out and teach young people and members of the public about our work for energy transition.
Get ready for your visit by swotting up on your electrical network knowledge with this easy-to-follow virtual visit of the institute!
This year’s theme… sport and science! Come and put your muscles to the test and see how much energy you can produce in our fun, interactive experiments!
Check out the full programme of what we have to offer:
- QUIZ: A live, interactive quiz to help you better understand the energy needed to live our day to day lives!
- Ongoing throughout the afternoon… bring your smartphones!
- VERY HIGH VOLTAGE PLATFORM*: Visit our impressive testing facilities!
- Visits every half-hour in groups of 25 – no need to book in advance.
- *Not accessible to visitors with electrical medical implants.
- Open to the public to visit freely throughout the afternoon.
Sound exciting? Come on down and see us:
- From the 9th to the 13th of October: School groups– FULLY BOOKED
- Saturday the 14th of October: from 14:00 to 18:00, open to the
23 rue Cyprian, 69100 Villeurbanne
NO RESERVATION REQUIRED! Subject to availability depending on the number of visitors.
We hope to see you there!