The Institute is busy preparing for Jicable’23! Scientific papers, tutorials, a technical visit and a stand… SuperGrid Institute highly invested in this edition – and we’re excited about it! Here is a quick overview on what’s coming…
A tutorial on MVDC grids
Energy requirements are changing rapidly, with an ever-increasing demand for innovative solutions capable of integrating renewable energy sources, supporting data centres, transporting electricity, etc. In response to the requirement to drastically reduce CO2 emissions globally, MVDC electricity networks are the solution.
SuperGrid Institute is pleased to be presenting a tutorial on this topic during the conference on Sunday and Monday. Entitled “MVDC grid perspectives: applications, operations, equipment and cable systems“, this tutorial will be presented by Piotr Dworakowski & Martin Henriksen.
The tutorial will be supported by other scientific papers that we will present during the conference.
6 scientific papers
SuperGrid Institute will present 6 scientific papers to their peers during the conference and 2 other papers will be presented by partners (co-authored by SuperGrid Institute), with topics as varied and in-depth as always … about direct current of course! We can announce the presentation of a paper on our first transient overvoltage test on a 525kV DC cable system!
- MONDAY, THE 19TH OF JUNE:
- Session A2, Caterina TOIGO – 2:30 to 4pm (Room A (Auditorium Lumière))
- SESSION C3, Martin HENRIKSEN – 4:30 to 6pm (Room C (Salon Pasteur))
- C3.2 “Evaluation algorithm of zero-crossing damped temporary overvoltage measurement using universal divider”
- TUESDAY, THE 20TH OF JUNE:
- SESSION C5, Bassel DIBAN (University of Bologna (Italy)) 11 to 12:30 (Room C (Salon Pasteur))
- C5.5 “Macroscopic Conductivity Models Fit for HVDC Cable Insulation” co-write by Ludovic BOYER from SuperGrid Institute
- SESSION E5, Anaïs LEPROUX, 11 to 12:30 (ROOM E (Rhône 3))
- SESSION C7, Quentin EYSSAUTIER (Nexans Norway AS (Norway) – 4:30 to 6pm (Room C (Salon Pasteur))
- C7.3 “Experiences from a zero crossing damped temporary overvoltage test on a 525 kV 80 degrees rated HVDC cable system” co-write by Ludovic BOYER from SuperGrid Institute
- SESSION C7, Caterina TOIGO – 4:30 to 6pm (Room C (Salon Pasteur))
- POSTER SESSION 3, Amjad MOUHAIDALI – 4:30 to 6pm (Room Forum 4)
- P3.15 “Circuit based implementation of the Universal Line Model”
- WENESDAY, THE 21ST OF JUNE:
- POSTER SESSION 4, Amjad MOUHAIDALI – 9am to 12:30 pm (Room Forum 4)
Throughout the conference, we invite you to come and visit our stand n°37 📍 where you can meet and exchange with our experts on these contributions and on all the innovations on offer at SuperGrid Institute.
SuperGrid Institute opens its doors for a technical visit
To mark the occasion of Jicable’s first event in Lyon, at the congress centre, SuperGrid Institute is pleased to be opening its doors to the conference attendees as part of the technical visits organised on Thursday the 22nd of June.
During the technical visit, visitors will discover the Institute’s state of the art test platforms for HV and MV DC technologies, used to characterise advanced dielectric materials and alternative gases for improved equipment design.
Register on the event website HERE.
Let’s catch up in Lyon from the 18th to the 22nd of June 2023!