Optimized insertion resistor
Cable voltage restoration after DC fault clearing
The Optimized Insertion Resistor is a DC making switch, whith closing resistors. Closing sequence consists of at least three steps:
- In-rush current is first limited by a resistor R1+R2
- R1 is then by-passed in order to accelerate cable charging nearcompletion, while R2 still limits in-rush current
- The entire resistor is then by-passed
- Fast voltage restoration of DC grid after fault.
- Smooth closing operation which avoids high inrush current exceeding converter short-time withstand current capability.
- Multi-terminal DC grid
- Bipolar & monopolar configuration
- Cable or mixed OHL/cable system
Patent WO2018115753 (A1)