Healthy pole control strategy
Converter stations coordination principles
Healthy pole control strategy objective is to achieve a fast power rampup, followed by a fast power ramp-down, while respecting following constraints:
- physical limits of converters
- power balancing in healthy pole (condition for DC voltage stability)
- To take benefit of having a bipolar scheme (or double monopole), and use healthy pole to enhance AC system stability during faulty pole transient.
- Multi-terminal DC grid in bipolar (or double monopole) configuration.
- Especially relevant in case of non-selective protection strategies, or protection stratégies that lead to power transfer temporary interruption.
Patent appl. FR1756538 / PCT