DC-DC Converter with High Stepping Ratio
SuperGrid Institute has patented a high voltage ratio DC/DC converter capable of handling high power levels. Low current through low voltage
semiconductors is achieved without the need for several converters in parallel. The solution, designed by SuperGrid Institute, is based on the
front-to-front principle but uses a current source modular multi-level converter (CS-MMC) on the low voltage side.
- Possibility to have high power level in high voltage ratio DC/DC converter
- Low current through low voltage semiconductors
- Unidirectional converter easily obtainable by replacing the high voltage side VSC-MMC by a diode rectifier
- Medium voltage and high voltage DC grids, especially for the integration of renewable energy sources into MVDC grids.
- Patent FR3059855 – PCT/FR2017/053351