& Power Hardware-in-the-Loop test platform
Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing of electrical protection and control devices including:
Power Hardware-in-the-loop (PHIL) tests of high-voltage equipment components or subsystems, scaled-down models of equipment.
Small scale mock-ups of MMC, DC/DC converters or Direct Current Circuit Breaker (DCCB) deployed to develop new control algorithms using Rapid Control Prototyping (RCP) systems.
• Expertise in:
• Partnership with Opal-RT
• Test in closed loop of control and protection systems with a realistic representation of the network and its components
• Rapid prototyping reduce development cost and time
• MMC control validation test bench & routine tests for MMC manufacturers
• MMC control assessment and validation before real life deployment for transmission system operators
• HIL testing allows to increase the TRL of new control & protection algorithms and devices
• PHIL testing allows to increase the TRL of new power equipment (converters, breakers…)
• Real-time simulation reinforces academic publications