“At SuperGrid Institute, our offer is driven by two key challenges : 1. Shaping the future of electricity networks and actively contributing to energy transition by removing the technical barriers facing the deployment of supergrids; 2. Creating value for our clients and helping them gain a competitive advantage through differentiation thanks to our innovative technologies and services that draw on our unique expertise and facilities.”
Benoît Duretz, Sales & Marketing Director
Our value proposition
We offer our clients a complete range of technologies & services.
Our clients include power producers, transmission system operators, distribution system operators, project integrators, project developers, product manufacturers, technology providers, power consumers, policy makers and consultants.
Our value proposition is composed of three main areas:
& Technology transfer
We offer you:
- Solutions based on our innovative applied research results, including software
- Assistance in developing your results or technologies for market
- Licensing and technology transfer
- Specific collaborations for applied research
Access our high-end test platforms:
- AC / DC High Voltage lab
- Dielectric material lab
- Real-time simulation platform (HIL & PHIL)
- Vacuum brazing platform and plasma chamber
- Power electronic characterisation and converter platform
- Medium frequency transformer
- Combined hyperbaric test lab
- Pump storage lab
- Cable testing plateform
& Consulting services
Obtain expert support for your projects:
- Grid consulting services / Grid studies:
- AC / DC networks
- Point-to-point HVDC links
- Multi-terminal HVDC (MTDC)
- Meshed HVDC Grids
- DC integration in AC grid
- HV/MV product design & trouble shooting
- Power electronics & conversion studies, modelling and design
- Electronic components
- Medium Frequency Transformer
- Complete converter
- Cable and accessory design
- Hydro turbines and ancillary services expertise
Domains of application
SuperGrid Institute has a unique expertise and capacity for innovation in the domain of HVDC & MVDC systems and technologies which is applicable in the following domains, amonst others:
& Distribution grids
Shaping the power systems of the future by enabling a massive quantity of power to be transported over long distances while ensuring the stability of electricity networks.
Offshore & Onshore Wind
Farm grid connections
Designing, simulating and optimising wind farm electrical power systems to reduce costs while safeguarding the power system’s reliability and availability.
Designing, simulating and optimising the electrical power systems connecting PV farms; getting the most out of DC technologies and systems.
DC subsea equipment
Designing and testing DC subsea equipment for cable systems and junctions, used especially in connecting offshore wind farms.
Hydro power & storage
Designing, simulating and physically testing hydro pump turbines in their working environment to optimise their performance. Developing hybrid solutions using hydro systems and other storage technologies to increase grid flexibility and support ancillary services.
Applying innovative power conversion & power electronics technologies to railway power systems to optimise their infrastructures and rolling stock.