The Institute for Energy Transition (“ITE”) SuperGrid Institute is a company that brings together industrial and academic partners in Villeurbanne (Lyon), France. Its role is to develop technologies for the future power grid in order to meet the challenges associated with the wide-scale integration of renewable energies and energy transition.
The “Power electronics & converters” research program at SuperGrid Institute aims at developing innovative solutions in the field of power conversion in HVDC applications for the transport of electricity, in MVDC applications for distribution networks and in variable speed drives applications. The activities include the research of topologies and associated control as well as the development of key enabling technologies like Medium Frequency Transformer, SiC components integration, switching cells and storage.
The “Tendering & Maturation Engineer” (“TME”), who is part of the program team, follows-up and coordinates internally the maturation of the technologies developed within the program with the support of the Value creation & IP Director and the Marketing Manager. He also participates actively to the tendering activities related to the program with the support of the program technical managers and in coordination with the Sales department.
He also contributes to ensure the communication and contacts between SuperGrid Institute and his/her assigned market(s) and clients, in good coordination with the Sales & Marketing department.
Roles and responsibilities
The Tendering & Maturation Engineer will report to the Director of the research program “Power electronics & converters”. His/her responsibilities will include:
- Active contribution to the Maturation process, in close collaboration with the Value creation & IP Director:
- Identifies eligible technologies within his/her program for maturation
- Coordinates and follows up the “Lean Product” development within his/her program, to mature relevant technologies
- Acts as a product manager for testing most valuable products (“MVPs”) towards early adopters, in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager
- Participates to dedicated exhibitions, conferences, and specific organizations to promote our solutions
- Active contribution to the Tendering stage, in close collaboration with program technical managers and the Sales team:
- Animates and coordinates tendering process within its program for all new business opportunities, is responsible of offers submitted by his/her program, making sure that technical offers and costing are done as per client’s requirements and validated internally in due time.
- Support to Sales:
- Coordinates technologies proposals to SuperGrid Institute shareholders for its program, makes sure that marketing material is available and computes the cost estimate for each technology
- Supports Sales activities, by contributing to update annual business objectives and sales forecast for its program
- Supports Sales for clients’ prospection, offer presentation and negotiations when required, driven by Sales
Required experience & soft skills
Master’s degree in power electronics. More than 5 years’ experience in the field of power conversion systems and experience in interfacing with clients.
The successful candidate will have the following soft skills, attributes and qualifications:
- Good technical understanding and capability to express it in an accessible & comprehensible way
- Business & marketing vision, commercial & client satisfaction sensibility, comfortable and ideally experienced with having interactions with clients
- Organization and rigor skills, good coordination and communication capabilities, both written and spoken, in English and in French
- A good team player with a sense of collective intelligence
- Location: ITE SuperGrid Institute, Villeurbanne (Lyon – 69), France. Some occasional travel required;
- Contract start date: Permanent contract – to start as soon as possible.